New In My Apartment

Reviewing anything(Electronics, CDs, DVDs, Clothes,etc.) new or old that ends up in my apartment. Sony, Apple, Nintendo, Send me your gear!

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Nintendo Wii


I've had Nintendo Wii for just under two weeks now and I can honestly say it's the most fun I've ever had playing video games. Prior to this I was a Playstation 2 devotee but thanks to the exorbitant price of the Playstation 3, I decided that the Nintendo Wii was the better option. Perhaps the only disappointing aspect of the Wii is the fact that it is not a DVD player. However, my playstation 2 is currently relegated to fulfilling that duty. Before owning a Wii I was strictly a sports gamer. I never got into the major spectacles of violence, The Sims, or even first person shooters.

However, with the Wii, I feel that all beginning to change. By ratcheting up actual player involvement with the motion sensor the fun increases exponentially. You feel much more involved than if you were just sitting with your legs folded underneath you twiddling your thumbs while smacking a hooker in the face with your gun (Grand Theft Auto). With the Wii you probably have to have the hooker present so you can smack her in the face with your Wii controller. I find that much more interesting. I can't imagine the fun of playing Madden 2008 and snapping the ball, taking a three step drop while hitting Plaxico Burress in the end zone for the game winning touchdown. Wii will presumably help me feel as though I've made it as an NFL Quarterback which is that elusive dream that I never achieved because I was always too busy playing Tecmo Bowl and getting fat eating Doritos while my feet fell asleep underneath me. All hail the Nintendo Wii.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home