New In My Apartment

Reviewing anything(Electronics, CDs, DVDs, Clothes,etc.) new or old that ends up in my apartment. Sony, Apple, Nintendo, Send me your gear!

Thursday, March 23, 2006

South Park Season 7



Item: The Complete 7th Season of South Park
Cost: $39.99 at the Virgin Megastore on 14th St., NYC though you could probably get it cheaper on Amazon.com

Alright, kicking off this new venture is a review of the newest thing in my apartment, The Complete Seventh Season of South Park. Many people who originally latched onto the original season of South Park back in 1997 for it's potty mouthed humor and outlandish storylines had veered away from this groundbreaking society skewering animated series. The series has largely been left by the masses but remains relevant mostly to diehard fans. Often times when I tell people that I'm staying home to see a new episode of South Park, people will say in a surprised tone, "I didn't know that show was still on the air." Unfortunately for those people they are missing out on some of the funniest and most socially relevant tomfoolery on television. While the 7th season of South Park is not its best (there are a few skippable episodes) it does contain some of the funniest and most clever satire in recent memory.

Matt Stone and Trey Parker continue to hold nothing sacred in this season as they take aim untalented singers, Mormonism, Christian Rock, reality shows, metrosexuaity, the dichotomy of Democracy, and Gang Violence.


I was so inspired by one of the episodes (705 "Fat Butt and Pancake Head") that I went as Cartman and his Jennifer Lopez hand one halloween.

Overall grade: B+

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home