New In My Apartment

Reviewing anything(Electronics, CDs, DVDs, Clothes,etc.) new or old that ends up in my apartment. Sony, Apple, Nintendo, Send me your gear!

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Fantasy Sports May 2006 Edition



Item: Fantasy Sports May 2006 Edition
Cost: $5.99 at the Magazine shop around the corner but since I won $12 on a bingo card it actually cost me nothing.

With my Fantasy Baseball Draft coming up (don't laugh) I decided I needed as much help as possible coming up with a strategy for picking a winning team. As a result, I picked up this, the cheapest fantasy Baseball magazine in the store. For $5.99 I was going to learn information that my opponents already had stored in their head. I need all the help I can get since the last few years I've ended up in last or 2nd to last place in my fantasy baseball league. Some cramming before the draft seemed necessary. Now, I'm not baseball dullard but I don't know enough about all of the other teams since I mainly focus my attention on the New York Mets as well as hoping for the demise of the New York Yankees.


As I perused the contents of this book I no doubt will be able to use their Top 200 rankings as the main guideline for my draft and their sleepers list when the Top 200 list is all crossed off or "Totally Krossed Out".

The magazine has plenty of other features including depth charts, projected lineups, and a 2 mock drafts that I will no doubt try to emulate as I am picking. That being said, I need more than this. I need a column where they write exact steps on how to draft a good team and what to do in each round. I need them to address me like I am a 4 year old so I can follow their instructions to a T and automatically have a winning team. They do have a section where the experts give tips but this is simply not enough. Without a step by step primer I will no doubt finish in the bottom two of my league again.

So what, you ask, is the point of me buying a Fantasy Baseball guidebook? I'm not really sure. The Fantasy Baseball season is and may alway be an exercise in futility for me. That being said, you never know who is going to have a good year and who has a bad one, and who will get injured. So while this book may attempt to give me all I need to know, the fickle nature of the game may render my investment moot. Here's to another waste of money. Someone alert me when Fantasy Football starts. That's a game I can really get behind.

Grade: C+ for trying to teach me as much as possible but since you're never sure what's going to happen in a season, what was really the point?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home